- Vespa Bianco 2011
- Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Picolit
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Serve rich Friulian blends with roasted fish, shellfish, pork or poultry.
- Try frico with asparagus tips and quail eggs,
- grilled prawns with lemon garlic butter
- or an herb-infused, whole roasted branzino.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, nutty, stone fruits, wild flowers
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, long finish, apricot, pear, honey
- Founded in 1997 by restaurateur Joe Bastianich (Babbo, Otto) and his mother Lidia (Felidia, PBS), with wines by Emilio del Medico, the Bastianich Winery offers a comprehensive view of the styles and indigenous grapes of Friuli-Venezia Giulia and the Colli Orientali, right down to naming some of their wines after the bees and wasps that gorge on the sun-ripened fruit. Quite the buzz, no?
Write Your Own Review