- Vespa Rosso 2010
- Merlot, Refosco, Cabernet Sauvignon...
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Pair aromatic, spicy and deeply-fruited Friulian reds with savory stews and roasted dishes.
- Try long-simmered pork with leeks and red peppers over polenta,
- roasted veal shanks
- or short rib tacos.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, licorice, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, raspberry, black cherry
- Founded in 1997 by restaurateur Joe Bastianich (Babbo, Otto) and his mother Lidia (Felidia, PBS), with wines by Emilio del Medico, the Bastianich Winery offers a comprehensive view of the styles and indigenous grapes of Friuli-Venezia Giulia and the Colli Orientali, right down to naming some of their wines after the bees and wasps that gorge on the sun-ripened fruit. Quite the buzz, no?
Write Your Own Review