- Sauvignon Adriatico 2012
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Crisp
- Pair a racy, herbaceous Sauvignon Blanc with local seafood and piquant vegetable dishes.
- Try grilled octopus
- or goat cheese and black bean enchiladas.
- Near perfect with asparagus risotto.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, herbaceous, tropical fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, grapefruit, lemon, mango
- Founded in 1997 by restaurateur Joe Bastianich (Babbo, Otto) and his mother Lidia (Felidia, PBS), with wines by Emilio del Medico, the Bastianich Winery offers a comprehensive view of the styles and indigenous grapes of Friuli-Venezia Giulia and the Colli Orientali, right down to naming some of their wines after the bees and wasps that gorge on the sun-ripened fruit. Quite the buzz, no?
Write Your Own Review