- Beaurouge 2009
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Syrah...
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair full-fruited Napa blends with roasted or barbequed meats.
- Try braised lamb shanks with a wild mushroom pan sauce,
- a super-juicy gorgonzola burger
- or smoky Texas-style beef brisket.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, black currant, cherry, chocolate
- An inaugural release from century-old BV, the grapes for Beaurouge are sourced from the entire length and breadth of the Napa Valley, mostly from Beaulieu's estate vineyards. Winemaker Jeffrey Stambor deftly juggles and blends no less than 9 varieties (Petit Verdot, Sangiovese, Touriga Nacional), aging the cuvée in 50% American, 35% French and 15% Hungarian oak. Phew!
Write Your Own Review