- Cabernet Franc 2006
- Cabernet Franc
- Argentina > Mendoza
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Muscular
- Complex and concentrated, pair full-bodied,bottle-aged Cabernet Francs with hearty, toothsome dishes.
- Serve with a whole roasted duck,
- braised ox cheeks with a mushroom ragout
- or rack of lamb.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, cinnamon, smoky
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, creme de cassis, licorice, tobacco
- It has the lineage, the provenance, the superstar name attached and the exclamation point is that the wine in the bottle really backs it all up. Benegas Lynch's pre-phylloxera, 100 year old vine Cabernet Franc, consulted on by Michel Rolland, is a multilayered monster in the glass. Jancis Robinson, more reservedly remarked, "... one of the best Cab Francs to come my way." Yes, that too.
Write Your Own Review