- Chinon Les Granges 2014
- Cabernet Franc
- France > Loire
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Cabernet Franc from the Loire is light enough for fish, rich enough for meat.
- Serve with an olive and caper-topped tuna steak,
- braised rabbit with mashed turnips
- or medallions of ginger-soy pork loin.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, floral, forest floor, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, red fruits, herbaceous, meat
- Bernard Baudry and his son Matthieu produce five cuvées of Chinon rouge, the youngest and freshest of which is Les Granges. All their grapes are hand-harvested at optimum ripeness with clean, unfettered vinification (in cement and wood tanks) the key to their varietal correctness. Bright, zesty, meaty, honest.
Write Your Own Review