- Bual Madeira 5 Year Old
- Portugal > Madeira
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Semi-sweet Madeiras love dried fruits and nut.
- A handful of each will do.
- Keep it simple
- and let the wine be the star.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, aged, citrus fruits, petroleum
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, medium sweet, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, long finish, smoky, raisin, honey
- Heat, oxidation and long aging combine to give Madeira its distinctively rich, singular flavor. Common (and positive) descriptors include: rubber, burning rubber, petroleum, citrus peel, not to mention of course, its searingly high acidity. So why do you want to drink this? Because the culmination of all these horrors is an amazingly intense, delicious and historical drinking experience that is unlike any other.
Write Your Own Review