- Rainwater Madeira NV
- Tinta Negra Mole
- Portugal > Madeira
- Red, Touch Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- In the pot or in the glass, an off-dry Madeira compliments nutty, rich and savory flavors.
- Classic as a sauce component for chicken and beef.
- Try with prosciutto-wrapped figs
- or a handful of hazelnuts.
Nose: Intense, mature, dried fruit, nutty, toffee
Mouth: Full Bodied, off-dry, high acidity, intense, medium-long finish, orange blossoms, apricot, baked fruit
- Heat, oxidation and long aging combine to give Madeira its distinctively rich, singular flavor. Common (and positive) descriptors include: rubber, burning rubber, petroleum, citrus peel and of course, searing acidity. So, why do we want to drink this? Because the culmination of these horrors is a delicious and historical drinking experience like no other.
Write Your Own Review