Bodega del Abad
- Carracedo 2006
- Spain > Castile and Léon
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Rich
- Pair an intense Mencia with long-cooked and boldly flavored dishes.
- Serve with rosemary-braised lamb shanks,
- Szechuan tea-smoked duck
- or traditionally, morcilla de Burgos (blood sausage.)
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, raspberry, chocolate, cigar box
- Many were survivors of the late 19th century phylloxera epidemic and some were planted shortly thereafter, yet the 80+ year-old Mencia vines that cover the steep slopes of Valtuille de Arriba and Villafranca del Bierzo had all but been abandoned until recent start-up, Bodegas del Abad opened in 2003. Carracedo is aged in French oak for a year and is bottled unfiltered.
Write Your Own Review