- Xixarito Moscatel Sherry
- Moscatel (Muscat)
- Spain > Andalucia
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Crisp
- Probably best served by itself, after the dessert, the dishes and the postprandial cigar.
- But if you must eat some more,
- fill a bowl with vanilla ice cream
- and then pour the sherry over it, you food savage.
Nose: Intense, mature, floral, nutty, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, medium sweet, medium acidity, intense, long finish, honeysuckle, dried fruit, almond
- One of the oldest bodegas in Sanlucar de Barrameda, Bodegas Baron is owned by, 11th and 12th generation, José Rodriguez Jiménez and his sons. They store over 10,000 barrels of wine, like their sweetly oxidative 12 year old Moscatel. The 2014 reboot of their classic line as Xixarito, meaning Little Pea, was Jose's father's nickname, and who, as it turns out, liked peas a lot.
Write Your Own Review