- Caro 2015
- Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Argentina > Mendoza
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match cross-continental Malbec-Cabernet blends with meaty fare.
- A full-on crown roast of veal would be impressive,
- as would coffee and stout-braised short ribs.
- Or seitan and mushroom bourguinon. Well...
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, cedar, smoky
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, black currant, coffee, chocolate
- Domaines Barons de Rothschild and Nicolas Catena. Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec. Bordeaux and Argentina. Bodegas Caro is much more than a sum of its parts. Aged for 18 months in barrels coopered at Chateau Lafite, this pedigreed blend (Arge-deaux? Bord-entine?) delivers expectedly intense New World flavors surprisingly embraced by an elegant Old World structure.
Write Your Own Review