- Splendore 2008
- Spain > Castilla y Léon
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair a deeply fruited and barrel-aged Tempranillo with robustly flavored and roasted fare.
- Match with grilled lamb chops,
- a cassoulet of duck, sausage and braised pork
- or classic coq au vin.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, cedar, violets
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, blackberry, creme de cassis, mineral
- Bodegas Casajus is family-owned and their sustainably-farmed vineyards are some of the oldest in the Ribera del Duero. The grapes for Splendore are fermented with natural yeast and age for 20 months in Allier, Troncais and US oak. Jose Alberto Casajus is the only employee. He's also Quintana del Pico's (pop. 50) baker. Makes bread from 4am-9am and wine the rest of the day.
Write Your Own Review