- Don Jacobo Rioja Gran Reserva 1998
- Tempranillo, Garnacha
- Spain > Rioja
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Let a Rioja Gran Reserva be the centerpiece of your long-cooked, hearty dinner.
- Try chestnut soup with porcinis,
- a cassoulet of white beans, braised pork and duck confit,
- or roasted squab with figs.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, cherry, fig, cigar box
- Located on the original Pilgrim's Route, Ruta Jacobea or Saint James Way, century old Bodegas Corral stayed in the family until a consortium of Riojan families took over its ownership in 1974. Their Don Jacobo Gran Reserva begins life with select hand-harvesting, after fermentation the wines are aged for 2 years in American oak and another 5 years in bottle before release.
Write Your Own Review