Bodegas El Nido
- Clio 2011
- Monastrell, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Spain > Jumilla
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Big, full-fruited reds love densely flavored dishes.
- Braised beef with red wine reduction makes a fine match,
- It's definitely wild with wild boar
- and a hedonistically yummy treat with chocolate, too.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, coffee, creme de cassis, vanilla
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, black currant, black cherry, chocolate
- Wow! If you’re looking for a monster, you’ve found it. A tine in the Gil family umbrella of bodegas, with Chris Ringland working the winemaking levers, Clio is an opulent, powerful wine with sweet oak, espresso, creme de cassis, layers of flavor and an incredibly long finish. It will grab you by the nose, then coat your mouth. Get your mitts on one while you can. They're never around for long.
Write Your Own Review