- Bierzo Blanco 2014
- Godello, Doña Blanca
- Spain > Castilla y Léon
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Match Godello's juxtaposition of of rich texture and mineral crispness with the same at the table.
- Try a roasted pepper and snow pea salad,
- crab-stuffed swordfish
- or cream-sauced wild mushrooms.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, mineral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, honeysuckle, lime, pear
- Godelia, a contraction of the grape Godello and lias, the Spanish word for lees, was named to convey a modern and fresh approach to the wines of Bierzo. The vineyards that make up the estate, purchased by Vicente Garcia Vasquesz in 2009, combine hillside plots, 60-80 years old, with the more recent additions planted by the previous owner in 1989. The wines; zesty, bracing and true.
Write Your Own Review