Bodegas Hijos de Juan Gil
- Juan Gil 2017
- Spain > Murcia
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Heady, concentrated reds are best paired with bold flavors.
- Delicious with farfalle and gorgonzola,
- rosemary-crusted leg of lamb
- or well-sauced Kansas City ribs.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, chocolate, red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, creme de cassis, spicy, vanilla
- A Spanish original, Monastrell (aka Mourvedre) is gaining ground in its home base. Famously tannic, it flourishes in the hotter, arid climate of Jumilla where it tends more towards the softly precocious. The grapes for Juan Gil are harvested from 40+ year-old vines, whole cluster macerated and aged in French oak for a year. The resulting wine is one of of enormous concentration, both aromatically and on the palate
Write Your Own Review