- Blanco 2018
- Viura, Malvasia
- Spain > Rioja
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Crisp
- When a white wine is both rich and crisp, the food matches are only limited by your imagination (and wallet.)
- Pair with sole meuniere,
- herb-infused sautéed greens
- or classically, with your favorite paella.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, floral, toasty
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, citrus fruits, lemon, tropical fruits
- Admittedly old-fashioned, 75 year old Bodegas Muga coopers all the barrels (and casks, tubs and beams) used in the winery. They need all that wood too, because all their wines are not only slow-fermented in French and American barriques, demi-muids and puncheons, but aged in oak as well. Palate-cleansing acidity balances out the Blanco’s rich core of tropical fruit.
Write Your Own Review