- Prado Enea Gran Reserva 2009
- Tempranillo, Garnacha, Mazuelo
- Spain > Rioja
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- With age in the bottle, Rioja Grand Reservas best complement long-cooked dishes.
- Pair with braised lamb shanks
- or a roasted game hen.
- Adventurers will try stewed duck on a bed of lentils.
Eyes: Brick Red
Nose: Medium Intensity, aged, black fruits, cedar, cigar box
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, red fruits, vanilla, earthy
- Old fashioned and admittedly wood-crazy, Bodegas Muga is housed in oak and stone buildings over two centuries old. They employ three full-time coopers, using oak throughout the entire winemaking process. They've over 14,000 barrels on hand as well as 200 oak deposits. Their Prado Enea is aged for 3 years in new French oak and clarified (vegan alert!) with egg whites.
Write Your Own Review