- Rioja Reserva 2016
- Tempranillo, Garnacha, Mazuelo, Graciano
- Spain > Rioja
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy,
- Smoky and robust, an old school Rioja Reserva is best served with savory, long cooked dishes.
- Pair with braised lamb shanks
- or a roasted game hen.
- Adventurers will try stewed duck on a bed of lentils.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, leather , red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, black cherry, eucalyptus
- Old fashioned and admittedly wood-crazy, Bodegas Muga is housed in oak and stone buildings over 200 years old. They employ 3 full-time coopers, using oak throughout the entire winemaking process. They have over 14,000 barrels on hand as well as 200 oak deposits. Their Reserval is aged for 2 years in new oak and clarified with (vegan alert) egg whites before resting a year in bottle before release.
Write Your Own Review