- Numanthia 2010
- Tinta de Toro (Tempranillo)
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Match boldly flavored reds with roasted, grilled and meaty fare.
- Try with chorizo al vino tinto,
- roast suckling pig with duck fat potatoes
- or a char-crusted shell steak topped with crumbled gorgonzola.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, black fruits, chocolate, floral
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, blueberry, black currant, coffee
- Named for the Celt-Iberian settlement which, in 153 BC, was laid siege to by the Romans and encircled with a fence of moats and towers. Rather than submit to slavery, the Numantians burned the city and themselves, preferring to die free. The 2010 Numanthia is produced from 60-100 year old vines grown at high altitudes and, in contrast to their ancient ancestors, extremely low yields.
Write Your Own Review