- Cava Brut Nature Gran Reserva 2007
- Parellada, Macabeo, Xarello, Chardonnay
- Spain > Catalonia
- Bubbly White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Vibrant people and vibrant food need a vibrant wine. Cava it is, then.
- Match with pulpo a la plancha and croquetas de jamon,
- sensuous sushi and crispy tempura
- or fried chicken and buttermilk waffles.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, brioche, citrus fruits, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, pear, mineral
- Founded in 1982 after Nuria and Carlos Sumarroca discovered evidence of an ancient winery in a sub-level of their 15th century estate, the enterprising couple farms sustainably, night-harvests, uses only free-run juice (selling off the pressed) and ferments with natural yeast. And it's all gravity-fed. They've even developed a olive tree the size of a grape vine for easy harvesting. Sheesh!
Write Your Own Review