- Pago De Los Balagueses 2017
- Spain > Valencia
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Pair a world-class Syrah with hearty and meaty dishes.
- Go for a Basque-style lamb stew with roasted red peppers,
- grilled and cheese-stuffed king trumpet mushrooms
- or entrcôte béarnaise avec frites.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, blackberry, violets, white pepper
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, raspberry, blackberry, spicy
- The apex of the Spanish DO pyramid, a Pago is a designated vineyard site that stands heads and shoulders above its neighbors. Created in 2003, there are only 17in all of Spain. Bodegas Vegalfaro was awarded certification on their Vino de Pago, Los Balagueses, in 2011. Certified organic, the grapes are gravity-fed to tanks and finish fermentation in barrel. The wine ages in French oak for 10 months. EXCLUSIVE.
Write Your Own Review