- Volver 2016
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Hearty
- Sautéed pork tenderloin strips with porcini mushrooms,
- a roasted breast of duck and puréed turnips,
- savory lamb stew.
- That's when I reach for my ...Volver.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, oak, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, cherry, licorice, vanilla
- The gnarled 50 year old vines that provide the fruit for Rafael Cañizares’ wine come from high up (1800 ft.) an arid, rocky landscape. This eastern region of La Mancha has very cold winters, extremely hot summers and ferrous, chalky soil. Stainless steel tank fermented and aged for 14 months in both new and 2nd use French oak barrels, this rich and supple wine totally belies its bleak place of origin.
Write Your Own Review