Bodegas y Vinedos Ilurce
- Rio Madre 2018
- Spain > Rioja
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Hearty
- Fresh and versatile, pair a young Rioja with almost any casual and comfortable meal.
- Serve with roast chicken or turkey
- or salmon steaks with grilled vegetables.
- Even a sausage and pepper pizza.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, blueberry, black cherry, licorice
- Culled from 100% low-yield, old vine Graciano, and grown in the warm Mediterranean climate of eastern Rioja Baja, the grapes for Rio Madre are hand-harvested into small baskets to minimize bruising and are fermented in steel tanks to preserve their freshness, then aged in barrel for nearly a year. No Tempranillo. No Garnacha. Just the micro-trend darling of the Rioja, Graciano.
Write Your Own Review