- Zinfandel 2018
- Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity,
- Got a generously robust Zinfandel? The pairings should be fairly obvious.
- Go for Texas-style brisket with a side of smoked corn,
- a paleo-perfect bison, bacon and pot roast chili
- or sausage pizza. Lots of it.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, oak, vanilla
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, medium-long finish, blackberry, blueberry, toasty
- The Hahn family purchased the Smith & Hook vineyard in Santa Lucia Highlands in 1979 and began producing and bottling wine under their familiar rooster label soon thereafter. For their ancillary Boneshaker label, they've sourced old vine Zinfandel from Lodi's vaunted Fathom and Bruella vineyards, blended in a bit of inky Petite Sirah and supple Cabernet, then matured the wine in super toasty oak. Bold AF.
Write Your Own Review