Bonny Doon Vineyards
- A Proper Claret 2013
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Tannat, Syrah...
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Match supple, Bordeaux-inspired blends with grilled and roasted fare.
- Try a chimichurri-topped skirt steak
- or Sunday roast beef with brown gravy.
- Creatives will go the mutton taco route, sardonically.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, mint, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, cherry, earthy
- A Proper Claret is Randall Grahm and Bonny Doon's homage, only a soupçon parodic, to what the Brits used to cozy up to, which was, well... a proper claret. By producing this Bord-faux blend, the Dooniverse sullies what, for 30 years, was a Cabernet-free zone. Not to worry though, there's enough long lost Bordelais grapes like Tannat and Petite Verdot in the mix to keep it ironic.
Write Your Own Review