- Gavi di Gavi La Meirana 2017
- Italy > Piedmont
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Match opulent Gavi di Gavis with richly textured dishes.
- Pair with a roasted vegetable lasagna,
- sweet pea and scallop risotto
- or baked salmon topped with a creamy cilantro pesto.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, mineral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, green apple, almond, wet stones
- Records show that grapes were grown on some of Broglia's 250 acres of vineyards in 971 AD, but it's not until a millennium later that Piero Broglia produced and bottled his now legendary Cortese grapes; 1974 being the year that Gavi was recognized as a DOC. Pressed from 30 year old vines, fermented and matured in stainless steel tank only, this is precise and benchmark Gavi di Gavi.
Write Your Own Review