- Semillon 2013
- Australia > New South Wales
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Fresh
- A skillful Semillon can be the one wine at a three course lunch.
- Start with goat cheese crostini and prosciutto-wrapped honeydew.
- Then a roasted pear salad.
- Finish with chili crab or garlic shrimp.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, honeysuckle, lemon, mint
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, citrus fruits, green apple, mineral
- This 40+ year old winery in the heart of the Hunter Valley is home to not one, but two icons of the Australian wine world: the multi-regional Cricket Pitch and the vineyard specific Graveyard Shiraz. However, it was the Semillon sourced from 30 year old vines that showed its best (yellow-green) colors in the 2013 vintage. Ripe and aromatic. No oak, no malolactic. Just pure Hunter Valley.
Write Your Own Review