- Valpolicella Class. Sup. Il Bugiardo Ripasso 2013
- Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Croatina...
- Italy > Veneto
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair a robust Ripasso with hearty and meaty fare. The heartier and meatier the better.
- Match with braised lamb, beef or veal,
- a decadently-rich porcini risotto
- or grilled sausage and peppers.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, herbaceous, licorice, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, leather , black cherry, coffee
- Called Il Bugiardo (The Liar) after a studied sommelier's refusal to believe that Buglioni's Ripasso wasn't indeed an Amarone, this family-owned winery has made its name by producing wines that are true expressions of their origins. Il Bugiardo is made from dried grapes and freshly fermented juice re-passed over the Amarone must, then blended and aged in Slavonian oak.
Write Your Own Review