Calatrasi & Micciche
- Nero d'Avola 2012
- Nero d'Avola
- Italy > Sicily
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- A foolproof pairing for multifarious Mediterranean classics.
- From caponata to lamb tagine,
- from a classic Neopolitan pizza to a Niçoise onion tart.
- Even Valencian paella. Experiment!
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, blackberry, floral, herbaceous
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, blackberry, black cherry, chocolate
- Founded by brothers Giuseppe and Dr. Maurizio Miccichè, and headquartered just south of Palermo in San Cipirello, the Calatrasi winery has not only expanded beyond their island's borders, with property in both Puglia and Tunisia, but also from the indigenous varieties of Sicily, working with global grapes such as Viognier and Merlot, and an international winemaking team.
Write Your Own Review