Calatrasi & Micciche
- Uomo 2012
- Nero d'Avola, Merlot
- Italy > Sicily
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Serve a robust Nero d'Avola blend with meaty pasta dishes and roasted fare.
- Match with Sicilian meat rolls or arancini al ragu,
- a hearty eggplant lasagna
- or old-fashioned spaghetti and meatballs.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, coffee, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, black currant, cherry
- Founded by brothers Giuseppe and Dr. Maurizio Miccichè, and headquartered just south of Palermo in San Cipirello, the Calatrasi winery has not only expanded beyond their island's borders, with property in both Puglia and Tunisia, but also from the indigenous varieties of Sicily, working with global grapes such as Viognier and Merlot, and an international winemaking team.
Write Your Own Review