Calatrasi & Micciche
- Viognier 2013
- Italy > Sicily
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Match a ripe, yet softly crisp Viognier with simply prepared fish dishes as well as more complex, spicier fare.
- Serve with pan-fried red snapper,
- a Thai coconut and tofu curry
- or mango chicken.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, mineral, tropical fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, citrus fruits, green apple, melon
- Founded by brothers Giuseppe and Dr. Maurizio Miccichè, and headquartered just south of Palermo in San Cipirello, the Calatrasi winery has not only expanded beyond their island's borders, with property in both Puglia and Tunisia, but also from the indigenous varieties of Sicily, working with global grapes such as Viognier and Merlot, and an international winemaking team.
Write Your Own Review