- Ghemme 2008
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Pair Nebbiolo's complexity with strong, classic flavors.
- Tagliatelle with a mushroom ragu,
- brasato al Barolo
- and a cheese plate of Grana Padano, fontina and Taleggio. That should do the trick.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, red fruits, roses, tar
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black cherry, chocolate, truffle
- The Bianchi Cantina was founded in 1785. Over 2 centuries later, there's still a Bianchi (Paolo Tealdo Bianchi) making wine there. In what is now a 30 minute drive from Barolo, Bianchi has oganically farmed for nearly 30 years, the Nebbiolo for his Ghemme is aged for upwards of 18 months in giant (50 hectoliter) Slavonian oak barrels before bottling.
Write Your Own Review