Cantine de la Manna
- Nero di Troia Turris 2011
- Uva di Troia, Negroamaro
- Italy > Puglia
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Match aromatic Apulian reds with hearty rustic fare.
- Try with crisply fried eggplant, ricotta and caper balls,
- spaghetti with olives and breadcrumbs
- or a simple stew of lamb, mint, onions and green peas.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, herbaceous, red fruits, tobacco
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, cherry, spicy, cinnamon
- The names Nero di Troia and Uva di Troia are confusingly used interchangeably in Puglia, sometimes on the same wine label. Thick-skinned, the large, tight clusters often hide unripened berries, contributing to the grape's maligned tannic profile. In the right hands, however, this vigorous variety reveals its signature tea leaf and smoky violet aromas. Manna's got the right hands.
Write Your Own Review