- Barbera del Monferrato Rosso Pietro 2009
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- A deft Barbera can handle dishes with high-acidity OR velvety richness.
- Pair with pasta Bolognese OR mushroom sauce,
- veal parmesan OR veal Normande,
- aged pecorino OR creamy fontina.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, aged, dried fruit, floral, oak
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, plum, spicy, forest floor
- Barbera's versatility has been both a blessing and a curse. Due to it's adaptability, Barbera was once the 3rd most widely planted red grape in Italy. This led to some bastardization, dilution and bad press. Cantine Volpane's Rosso Pietro wonderfully exemplifies Barbera's greatness. Terroir driven, structured, complex and completely delicious. And better than bad press.
Write Your Own Review