Casa de Mouraz
- Encruzado 2016
- Portugal > Dão
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Encruzado is full-flavored, yet still crisp. Perfect for the whole meal.
- Start with bolinhos de bacalhau (cod fritters),
- then polvo guisado (octopus stew)
- and finally lombo de porco assado (roast pork loin.)
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, floral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, apricot, peach
- Farmed organically since the 90's and ECOCERT certified in 1997, Casa de Mouraz was the first biodynamic winery in the Dao. Antonio Lopes Ribeiro and Sara Dionisio, refugees from the Lisbon art world, farm 13 hectares of indigenous varieties, hand-picking the local Encruzado and cool fermenting it with extended lees aging to bring out the truest expression of its unique typicity.
Write Your Own Review