- Merlot Reserva 2009
- Chile > Casablanca Valley
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair ripe Merlots with full-flavored and richly textured dishes.
- Try a filet mignon topped with a crumble of gorgonzola,
- sautéed chicken breasts in a creamy mushroom sauce
- or takeout vegetarian moo shu.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, cherry, licorice
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, blackberry, creme de cassis
- Pablo Morande (ex-Concha y Toro) was the first viticulturist to plant wine grapes in the Casablanca Valley. If you drank a cool climate Sauvignon Blanc from Chile in the mid to late 80's, it was probably Pablo's. With Casa Julia, Pablo culls grapes from many of Chile's appellations, matching each variety to its best source.
Write Your Own Review