- Carmenere Cuvée Colchagua 2019
- Chile > Central Valley
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Spicy,
- Pair a juicy and lively Carmenere with savory meats and home-style vegetable dishes.
- You're good-to-go with roasted portobellos, spicy ratatouille,
- sliced flank steak, smoked turkey
- or shepherd's pie.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, herbaceous, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, red plum, herbaceous, mint
- With wine first made by Saint-Emilion native, Emile Bouchon, in 1892, it's a quick fast-forward to 1957 and his descendents, the Silvas, producing wines under their own name and label in the Colchagua Valley. The grapes for their inky and aromatic Carmenere are harvested from 15-20 year old vines and half of the fermented fruit is aged in oak for 8 months before bottling.
Write Your Own Review