Casal do Ramilo
- Jackpot 2019
- Aragonez, Castelao
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Pair an easy-going Portuguese red with Mediterranean fare. Midweek takeout, too.
- Lovely with lasagna and a match for moussaka,
- it's also a natural with a cheeseburger
- or a bunch of well-spiced kefta kebabs.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, mint, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, red plum, salty, raspberry
- In Ian Fleming's first James Bond novel, Casino Royale, his inspiration for and descriptions of the gaming venue were from his WWII-era experience visiting Lisbon and its Estoril Casino; a setting, given Portugal's neutral status, that in Fleming's literary mind was chock-full of spies, secret agents and espionage. Enter, Jackpot, a wine produced by Casal do Ramilo exclusively from Lisboan grapes. It's a sure thing.
Write Your Own Review