- Godello 2012
- Spain > Galicia
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- A perfect aperitif, Godello is also bold enough for the table.
- Try scallops with chorizo and lardons,
- swordfish steaks sautéed in butter
- or your best take on linguine with white clam sauce.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, smoky, pear, almond
- Established in 2000 with the idea of showcasing both the Mencia and Godello grapes indigenous to Valdeorras, the "Mineral Valley" region of Galicia, similar, but different from their counterparts in Bierzo, Adega O Casal, or Casal Novo, works with mostly old-vine fruit, farming without herbicides. Zesty and vibrant when young, a couple of years in bottle brings out the vivid side of Godello.
Write Your Own Review