- Albus 2012
- Friulano, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Serve crisp Friulian blends with roasted fish, shellfish and lighter fare.
- Try frico with asparagus tips and quail eggs,
- grilled prawns with lemon garlic butter
- or an herb-infused, whole roasted branzino.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, pear, green apple, nutty
- Split by the Tagliamento river, Grave del Friuli extends from Pordenone to Udine, the alluvial (gravelly) soil, washed down from the mountains eons ago, gives the region its name. The Castellargo winery, founded in 1978, deftly blends Friulano, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay from their cooler plains and riverside vineyards, forming an aromatic, yet supple cuvée.
Write Your Own Review