- Rubeus 2010
- Refosco, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvigon
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Rich
- Pair aromatic, spicy and deeply-fruited Friulian reds with savory stews and roasted dishes.
- Try long-simmered pork with leeks and red peppers over polenta,
- roasted veal shanks
- or short rib tacos.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, red fruits, spicy, violets
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, cherry, bell pepper
- Split by the Tagliamento river, Grave del Friuli extends from Pordenone to Udine, the alluvial (gravelly) soil, washed down from the mountains eons ago, gives the region its name. The Castellargo winery, founded in 1978, deftly blends fragrant Refosco, spicy Cabernet Franc and full-flavored Cabernet Sauvignon, maturing the harmonious cuvée in barrel.
Write Your Own Review