Castello di Ama
- Chianti Classico Gran Sel. San Lorenzo 2014
- Sangiovese, Malvasia Nera, Merlot
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Match a powerful Chianti Riserva with with a straight-up Tuscan classic.
- Bistecca Fiorentina
- or osso bucco.
- Or try venison meatloaf with blackberry sauce. The classics were never your thing, anyway.
Nose: Intense, developing, cedar, mocha, red fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, cherry, licorice, forest floor
- Marco Pallanti took over the vineyard management of this historic winery in 1982. He re-planted, re-grafted and re-trellised. In 1988, Lorenza Sebasti assumed ownership from her family. They married in the 90's. And everything good happened. In 2014, their 2010 Gran Selezione San Lorenzo, a single-vineyard "Super-Riserva", was named Wine Spectator's #6 Wine Of The Year.
Write Your Own Review