Castello di Montegrosso
- Barbera d'Asti 2017
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy,
- While quite fond of mushrooms, Barbera is also enamored with tomatoes and roasted things.
- Patiently stir a porcini risotto,
- toss some lentils with sweet pork sausage
- or grab a Taleggio and crimini pizza.
Eyes: Pale Ruby
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, cooking spices, red fruits, violets
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, cranberry, black cherry, earthy
- The Motta family, winemakers in Asti for over 200 years, produce and bottle some wonderfully unique wines. Utilizing decades old, giant barrels, long, long bottle age and less-than-famous local grapes (Balsamina, Vespolina), everything they turn out is distinctively old-school Piemonte. For their Barbera d'Asti, it's an elongated skin maceration before fermentation, then a year in used 500L barrels.
Write Your Own Review