Castello di Poppiano
- Chianti Colli Fiorentini Il Cortile 2013
- Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Colorino
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- A mid-weight Chianti is an exponential addition to the mid-week dinner table.
- A perfect foil for pork loin with cannelini beans
- or tagliatelle with a beef ragu.
- Rebels will do vegetarian couscous.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, oak, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, raspberry, licorice
- The fortress the gives Castello di Poppiano its name has been in the hands of the Guiccardini family, one of ancient Florence's most prominent families, since the year 1199, surviving battles, sieges and earthquakes. The current estate now covers 265 acres and is planted to vineyards and olive groves. Their Chianti Il Cortile is tank fermented with a portion aged in large oak barrels.
Write Your Own Review