- Amarone Classico Capitel Monte Olmi 2008
- Corvina, Cornivone, Rondinella, Oseleta...
- Italy > Veneto
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Dense
- An intense Amarones loves long-cooked meats, sauces and pungent cheeses.
- Try Pappardelle with a duck and mushroom ragu,
- braised oxtails
- and figs baked with a Gorgonzola dolce and walnut stuffing.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, herbaceous, mushroom, red fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, red currant, creme de cassis, mint
- To produce their signature, single vineyard Amarone, the Tedeschis harvest at the end of September, storing their fruit in single layered plastic crates to allow for air circulation. The grapes are then dried on mats for 3-4 months in a temperature and humidity controlled loft. After pressing, the dried grapes ferment on their skins for months and age in large Slavonian oak barrels for 3-4 years before bottling.
Write Your Own Review