- Amarone della Valpolicella Classico 2007
- Corvina, Rondinella
- Italy > Veneto
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity,
- Match intense Amarones to robust flavors.
- Try pappardelle with a wild boar ragu,
- roasted game birds from Cornish hens to grouse
- or pungent cheeses like Parmigiano Reggiano, aged Gouda and Stilton.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Intense, developing, cherry, chocolate, floral
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, black cherry, prune, coffee
- Perennial Tre Bicchieri recipients, Viviani's methods are prototypically old-school. Eschewing vineyard intervention, the hand-harvested grapes for their Amarone are stored to dry in fruttai for 4-6 months. After spontaneous fermentation, the grapes macerate for 40 days before transferring to barrel for a 30-40 month maturation. The bottled wine is released nearly 5 years after harvesting. Lavora intenso, no?
Write Your Own Review