Domaine La Decelle
- Côtes du Rhône Reserve 2019
- Grenache, Syrah
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Spicy, Rich
- Match a fleeshy Rhône with roasted, full-flavored fare.
- A natural with rosemary-topped, double-cut lamb rib chops
- or honey-balsamic roasted root vegetables.
- Creatives will go the braised mutton route.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, mocha, plum, raspberry
- The Lavau family has been in the wine business for several generations, originally as growers selling to the bulk wine market, and finally, with the last passing of the baton to Frederic and Benoit Lavau, to bottling Rhône wines under the family name. Their breadth spreads from Gigondas though Tavel, but their hidden gem comes from the overachieving village of Valréas.
Write Your Own Review