- Brut Champagne Lumiere et Craie NV
- France > Champagne
- Bubbly White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Treat a mineral-rich Blanc de Blancs as you would a similarly-styled white Burgundy.
- That means it's terrific with plump oysters,
- sauteéd scallops in garlicky butter
- and gnocchi in a truffle cream. Yum.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, chalk, citrus fruits, floral, nutty
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, green apple, mineral
- Denis, Anne and son Benoît Velut's 20 acre organic farm is located in Montgueux, a outlier region in the Aube with an abundance of chalky soil and where Chardonnay is king. Founded by Denis' grandfather as a recoltant/manipulant, their Lumiere et Craie, ("It sounds better than Blanc de Blancs"), translates literally as light and chalk, further driving home the point.
Write Your Own Review