- Sauvignon Gris 2018
- Sauvignon Gris, Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Fresh
- Match mineral-rich, aromatic Loire whites with seafood, vegetables and lighter fare.
- Grilled octopus, steamed clams and mussels,
- a tangy ceviche
- or zucchini, black bean and goat cheese enchiladas.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, mineral, tropical fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, grapefruit, passion fruit, herbaceous
- Jean-Yves Bretaudaut sustainably farms 75 acres in the western Loire. Muscadet country. However, his hidden gem is a wine that exists outside of the French appellation system as a "simple" Vin du pays Val de Loire. Racy and striking, his blend of 85% low yield Sauvignon Gris and 15% Sauvignon Blanc is fermented with eight hours of skin contact and aged sur lie in steel tanks. EXCLUSIVE.
Write Your Own Review